Wednesday 20 June 2018

Blanket Thief | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone! Time again to share another of my design team projects with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook page that I created for Flutterby Designs using the new 'Happily Ever After' collection and some Flutter Colour paints. (And of course, my super cute kitty too!)


I started this page by creating an abstract background using Flutter Colour paints. The colours I used were Tropicana Teal; Grape Soda; Green Limousine; Stormy Grey and Yellow Zest. I didn't work with any particular result in mind when I applied the paint, I simply followed my instinct. I used a combination of methods to apply it - smeared with an old gift card; applied with a brush; and also with my fingers.


Once the paint had dried, I applied some black ink using a sponge dauber through the 'Hugs and Kisses' stencil. I then took some of the 'Happily Ever After' Everday Etc filler cards and applied some cut and torn pieces to my background, before mounting my photos on top.


I used two of the 'Happily Ever After' Everyday Etc cards and fussy cut the large LOVE word and also the blanket thief phrase. I then used 'Teal' Sticky Alphas to add the word couch to my page.


I then added the XOXO sticker from the 'Happily Ever After' Sticky Quotes sheet; along with the life is good and cheeky bugger phrases from some of the Snippet Strips.
The final embellishment I added was the good vibes only flair button directly onto my photo, from the 'Good Vibes Only' flair button set #1.


To finish my page, I splattered a few drops of pink ink, plus added a few random scribbles and crosses using a pencil.

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: