Tuesday 1 August 2017

Go See the World | Scrap the Boys August challenge

Hi everyone! Can you believe it's the first of the month again?! That means time for lots of new challenges, and I am kicking off August with my take on the Scrap the Boys challenge. Our challenge at STB this month is to "use a 5x7" or larger photo". Unfortunately, as I print my photos at home these days, I don't usually use 5x7; so I had to dig deep in my photo stash to see what I had on hand. Luckily, I was able to find this gem of Kaden as a baby, and rather than using it as a plain rectangle, I decided to cut around his silhouette so I could discard the background.

"Go See the World"

I decided to go with a mixed media background for this page, and chose blue to help highlight his beautiful blue eyes. I used Colour Blast 'Peacock' Colour Shimmer Dust, which I applied to my background using a wide brush and short strokes. I then added some stamped detail using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and Carabelle Studio.


I then started adding some texture and detail to my background. First up, some smears of Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste; then some small, torn pieces of washi and some pieces of plaster joint tape.


Then it was time for some layers - tissue paper and a paper doily; topped off with some frayed gauze. I also added a D-lish Scraps dip dye printed tag, which I tied with a short piece of twine.


On top of the tag I added a Charms Creations hessian heart and a Flutterby Designs flair button. I also scattered a few Flutterby wood veneer hearts around my page, which I coloured black with a Sharpie. A few D-lish Dots enamel dots and a some black splatters using my Colour Blast Colour Spray and I was done!


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I do hope you will join in with this month's Scrap the Boys challenge. You have until the end of the month to get your entry to be in the running for a fabulous prize. You can find the August challenge post on the STB blog HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: