Sunday 27 August 2017

F*ck Yeah | Flutterby Designs Retreat Challenge

Hi everyone! Just a quick post from me today to share a layout I created recently for a challenge at the Flutterby Designs 'Create by the Lake' Retreat. The challenge was a quote challenge and this is what I created...

"Fuck Yeah"

I was in a definite mixed media kind of mood at retreat, so of course I used some of my Colour Blast goodies to create my background. I started with some stamping on my cardstock, using a Carabelle Studio stamp (borrowed from Krisy Podolak), and one of my own Darkroom Door stamps. I then mixed up some Duke Colour Shimer Dust with water and used a water brush to apply it to my background. I also added some splatters while I had a wet brush.


Next, I created some layers for my photo to sit on. I used one of the Everyday Etc cards from the new Flutterby 'Flawsome' collection; some tissue paper; a small paper bag; die cut glitter frame; paper doily and some frayed gauze for texture.

Anita had printed each of the challenges onto cards for us, so I decided to use the challenge card and cut the quote directly from it to adhere to my layout.


Next, I shaped a circular wire frame for my photo, which I attached using tiny staples before adhering my photo to the page. I popped a Charms Creations star, topped with one of the flair buttons from the 'Flawsome' range, alongside my photo.


To draw in more black, I added some wood veneer circles and arrows around my page; then the fuck wood veneer (my last one! *sob*), all of which were coloured black using a Sharpie pen. I completed my title using some black alpha stickers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


To finish off, I added some stamped phrases with a Typo stamp; and some splatters of Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray and 'Road Base' Colour Spray. So in love with the grungy, edgy, feel of this page!

I was fortunate enough to win a prize for this page - a fabulous "Paint-me-Dori" from MadeByNinnyNoo. I was SO thrilled to win this prize, as I had checked them out after seeing Anita Rodway share her amazing "self portrait" finished cover. If you are a fan of Traveler's Notebooks or art journaling, then I highly recommend you check these out. The quality is fantastic! You can find NinnyNoo on Instagram HERE and you can find her Etsy shop HERE. I will share a post with my finished cover soon!

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I have been doing lots of creating with two recent retreats under my belt, so there are lots more projects still to come!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: