Monday 22 May 2017

100% Boy | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! I am here today to share my latest design team project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio with you all. This week we have been celebrating boys on the CVS blog, with the design team all sharing masculine themed projects. Yesterday was my turn, so I created a layout featuring the new 'You Rock' collection and a mixed media background.


I was inspired by the "unique" quote on the cut apart sheet for my page, which went really well with these silly snaps I had of Hunter, so I decided to make a feature of the red colour. For my background I started with the B-side of the Night Sky paper, which I brushed with some Colour Blast Sunset Colour Spray, then I added some stamping using some of my stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and black ink to provide some extra depth.


Next, I started creating some layers behind my photos. I used pieces from several different papers - Night Sky; Starshine; Stripped; and Random. I also added some frayed gauze to provide some texture.


Tucked in amongst my layers, I also added pieces from the die cut ephemera pack, and I also added the "you rock" one directly to my photo, along with a flair button, which I nested on some messy cotton thread.


To reinforce the humorous theme of my page, I used a number of small word stickers from the accessory sticker sheet around my page. I also added some wood veneer pieces, which I coloured black (using a Sharpie pen) to help make them pop.


To tie in the black on my page even further, I also added some small pieces of torn black washi from the washi stickers pack. (There is such a good range of patterns in this pack and they tear perfectly!)


To finish off, I added a starburst chipboard sticker; stamped the date and a few phrases using one of my stamps from Typo; and then a splattering of Colour Blast Road Base Colour Spray and I was done.

For anyone that has been waiting to get their hands on it, the 'You Rock' collection will be released into the Cocoa Vanilla Studio online store on Friday 26th May.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Karen.C said...

Great page.

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a phenomenal page! Love your work so much!