Saturday 25 June 2016

D-lish Scraps June Projects!

Hi everyone! Just popping in today to share a round-up of my D-lish Scraps June projects with you all. To start this month, I have a layout that features a photo of a very old friend and I, who I caught up with earlier in the year when she was visiting Queensland on holidays.


I wanted to keep this layout to black and white with only one colour accent, so I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Colour Me Happy' papers. This allowed me to choose the colour I wanted to add and customise the paper to suit. I did this by colouring the floral print with Faber-Castell watercolour pencils and then going over it with a water brush. I chose yellow to represent happiness, as I was certainly happy catching up with my dear friend. 


D-lish Scraps embellishments included on this layout were - 'happy' flair button (from the Defining Words set); yellow mini paper doilypaper flowers (including one of my favourite Forget-Me-Nots and a Wild Rose); D-lish Dots enamels; tissue paper (left over from a previous Just Add Paper kit); a beautiful 6" lace paper doily; hand-dyed muslin; sequin bow; yellow resin deer and Journal Its Minifetti.




For my second layout, I took a completely different approach, opting instead to create a layout that was crisp, clean and linear. This one features a funny photo of my boys I snapped at the doctor recently, right after they had their immunisations.


In order to achieve the clean look I was after I wanted to use lots of white (including all white embellishments); minimal embellishing; and a grid-like design. I had lots of small paper scraps from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Made of Awesome' collection that were perfect to use, so I drew up a 9x9" square on my cardstock and began shuffling everything to fit. Once I had them all stuck where I wanted them, it was time to embellish.


Most of the embellishments I used were raw wood veneers, which I coloured white with my trusty Posca paint pen. I also used a chipboard piece from Dusty Attic; a flair button from the "Defining Words - White" set; and a word strip from a Journal Its Wordfetti sheet.




My final share was my take on this month's Inspiration Board Challenge and it features a recent photo of my daughter on her birthday...


I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio Free Spirit papers for this layout, and complimented them with a range of D-lish Scraps embellishments; many of them from this month's Just Add Paper kit. To start, I first added an extra splash of colour to the background using Colour Blast Colour Paste, which I simply spread with a palette knife.


From the Just Add Paper kit I used - wood veneer embroidery hoop; Corbett Creations wood veneer butterflies; 6" lace paper doilies; journaling pieces; flair buttonsky blue tassels. Other D-lish items included Memory Maze chipboard 'celebrate' word (which I embossed with gold); gold coloured wiresequin bow; and a D-lish Dot enamel shape.



So there you have it - 3 quite different projects from me this month showcasing the versatility of the embellishments available from the D-lish Scraps store.

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: