Sunday 19 June 2016

D-lish Scraps June Cyber Crop Challenge!

Hi everyone!
I don't know what the weather is like at your place today, but here in South East Queensland it's very wet - perfect weather for staying indoors and scrapping!
If you are looking for a scrappy challenge, the D-lish Scraps June cyber crop kicked off in our Facebook group The Scrap Suite on Friday night, and the design team have some awesome challenges for you this month (if I do say so myself, haha!)

My challenge looks like this...


And here is a better look at the layout I created for it...


I used papers from the Jen Hadfield 'Cottage Living' range from Pebbles for this layout, and all the embellishments were (of course) from D-lish Scraps. The photo features a couple of my fave fellow crafty chicks - Krisy Podolak and Fiona Paltridge. This was taken recently at one of Fiona's classes in Brisbane. If you ever have a chance to do one I highly recommend it - Fi is such an inspiration and her classes are always heaps of fun! And as for Krisy, what can I say? This chick is definitely a kindred spirit of mine and I am so happy the universe brought us together. Love you babes!


I used the recently released 'Tranquil Pools' Just Add Paper kit for many of my embellishments, and created lots of delicious layers under my photo.
In this close-up you can see a grey paper doily; resin flowers and sequins from the kit; and a cute wood veneer frame that I coloured with white Posca pen to frame my photo. On top of it I stuck a phrase strip from a Journal It's Minifetti sheet.


In the second close up you can see one of the Corbett Creations wood veneer circles, which I also painted white and wrapped with twine (both items were from the JAP kit). I also added a grey grid Bitty Bag; hand-dyed muslin; a flair button; and a piece of a heart lace overlay I had left over from another previous kit. The speech bubble was cut from a journal card and was also from a previous Just Add Paper kit. (See how awesome these kits are? They always leave you with plenty of little bits and pieces left over to use!)


In the final close-up you can see more of my layers - another wood veneer circle; tissue paper; punchinella; a dip-dye tag; printed wood veneer butterfly; paper flower; resin flower; resin diamond and a few more scattered sequins.

I am SO happy with how this layout came together - I just love all the interesting layers, the funny photo and it features my current fave colour combo too.

I hope you will find time to give my challenge a go! Entries remain open for 4 weeks, giving you plenty of time to complete it, and there is a D-lish Scraps store voucher up for grabs for the winner too. If you aren't already a member of The Scrap Suite, click HERE to join us. (You don't need a blog to enter either as entries are loaded directly into the group!)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

OMG!! You are just too sweet! This is an awesome page .... you ROCK!!