Wednesday 9 February 2011

Feb's Out Of The Hat!

This month's challenge at Out of the Hat, is to create a LO including misting & masking; clouds; and a tree. I thought this sounded right up my alley and I even had the perfect sheet of pp for it sitting right on my desk! As my Jan DT kit from Handmade By Suzanne had been bursting with Bella Blvd 'Sunny Happy Skies' goodness, I still had some left to play with. I had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use the gorgeous cloud sheet, and here's what I came up with...


I started by machine stitching the gorgeous pp to a sheet of black cardstock, and then cut my own (rough) mask for the misted rays in the top corner. Given the theme of the pic & journalling, I wanted the LO feel a bit whimsical, so I spun the pp around so that the clouds would appear upside down...


The cloud, tree and flowers were handcut (Bella Blvd again) and I used foam mounting tape for extra dimension. Thickers for the title, a couple of Green Tara mini flowers, and a decent splash of brightly coloured pearls completed the look I was after. The gorgeous chipboard monster came from Meant To Be, and I hand-coloured her using gel pens...isn't she cute???

4 comments:

Jasmine S said...

I think you have an artist in the making. That is one great dragon and to actually name it, wow.
I love your stitched paper and the tree and how great does that monster fit in with this LO.

Kim said...

how cool to turn the clouds upside down i would never have thought of that SUPER SUPER cool !

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love this layout Sue!

Heather Jacob said...

this is such a fun and happy LO and the photo is just the cutest !!!
love the bright yellow, that is a colour I hardly evr use must try it cos it looks great .. thanks for your congrats too, I am very excited .. hugz x