Thursday 1 September 2016

When Good Selfies Go Rad | Scrap the Boys September Challenge

Hi everyone! First of the month = happy day! Not only for all the new scrappy challenges that are released, but it's also the first day of spring here in Australia - hooray! Spring is definitely my favourite season.

The first layout I have to share with you this month is my design team layout for Scrap the Boys. I created this one when I was away on retreat and it features some selfies of my boys and I.

"When Good Selfies Go Rad"

I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Totally Rad' collection for this layout (seriously, I just don't tire of this amazing boy collection!)


I actually used up some of my scraps for this layout - layering together some of the patterned paper pieces I had left over from previous projects on top of the 'Stellar' paper with its fabulous wood grain print. (I am such a sucker for a good wood grain!) 


I embellished my layout using die cut ephemera pieces; stickers; wood veneer; a flair button; woodies; and enamel shapes all from the Totally Rad collection. The white alphabet stickers are actually from the Colour Me Happy collection.


(I love a title that's a good play on words! haha)


So, why am I in the photos when this layout was created for Scrap the Boys you might ask? Well that's because this month the challenge requires for YOU to be in the photo too! It doesn't have to be you with your son - it could be your husband / brother / father / friend, even the milkman if that's what you want! haha
Here is the challenge graphic to inspire you...


You have until the end of the month to get your layout created and link it up via the STB blog. This month there are two fabulous prizes including a 2Crafty Chipboard prize packs and a Snap! brand prize pack. 
So what are you waiting for? Get scrapping! X

No comments: