Sunday 16 May 2010

Cyber Crop Mini Challenge!

I have only managed to complete one of the SBT50 "Lights, Camera, Action" CC challenges so far and that was the opening night "Mini Challenge". The criteria for this challenge was to create something smaller than 12x12 based on our favourite movie poster. I couldn't go past the poster from my all-time fave movie, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", (hilarious!) starring Johnny Depp...


I decided to scrap an 8.5x11" LO for this challenge (I LOVE that size!) and drew my inspiration from the colours, the basic composition of the poster, the black splatters and the red title. The poster also inspired me to use the photo I did as it reflects the large eyes, hat and something in the mouth - all of which Brielle did very well in this Christmas snapshot...


If you haven't been and checked out all the awesome CC challenges yet, make sure you do! They are all based around movie posters and there is still a full week to get your entries in, so its not too late to join in!

Don't forget that we are also on the lookout for a new DT member to join us at SBT50, applications are open until 31st May, check out the details HERE

2 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Wow Sue, what a hard poster to follow but you have done it brilliantly. Love the paint splatters.

Wendy said...

Oh Sue you have been SO busy since I last visited (my bad!)! Some great LO's here ... love your Christmas and Cousins LO's gorgeous photos too! also congrats on your guest DT!!