Monday 20 August 2018

Hello Happy | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my another design team project with you - this one for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This layout was created for the recent "Geo" theme that the design team were challenged with. For my take on it, I decided to dust off my die cutting machine and use a gorgeous geo heart die to create some feature embellishments for my page.


I used the stunning 'More Than Words' collection for my layout; focusing on a pretty black / white / grey / blue colour palette to compliment the photo of my sister and I enjoying a wine while out to lunch.


I started by choosing the soft blue & white striped pattern on the B-side of the 'Treasure' paper as my background; then cut my geo hearts out from the black and white floral pattern on the reverse of the 'Gossamer' paper so they would stand out from the background. The gorgeous die I used is from Uniquely Creative, and I love how well these dies cut. I then arranged the hearts and adhered to my page using liquid adhesive.


I then created a layered mat for my photo using pieces from the 'Collage' paper and a paper doily from my stash. I arranged all the pieces then stapled them together before fixing the stack onto my page with tape and adding my photo on top. (I used some cardboard under my photo to mount it up from the page.)


Next, I sorted through the Die Cut Ephemera pack and selected a few floral and leaf pieces in shades of blue and grey. I added a small cluster near the top left corner of my photo, using some foam tape to pop up the smaller bloom and add some dimension. I also bent the leaves up slightly from the page. Under the right side of my photo I added a leafy branch; then another flower below the bottom right corner of my photo mat.


To create my title I used the words hello and happy from the Chipboard Title Stickers pack, which I adhered above and below my photo. I also added the little moments die cut from the ephemera pack, which I popped up with some foam tape.
I took 3 small phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, adding two to the heart at the top of the page, and the other to the heart at the bottom. 


Although I was happy with how my page looked at this point, I still felt it needed another element, so I fussy cut 6 little black and white butterflies from the 'Collage' paper. I stuck the first three flat onto the page, then stuck the second three on top of them, bending the wings up away from the page.

I then took 3 small heart stamps from the Clear Stamp set and stamped them around my page using grey ink, as well as stamping the date. (I chose grey instead of my usual black ink, as I thought the black would be too harsh.) I also added some small splatters of Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray to my page and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: