Sunday 10 December 2017

These Are the Days | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Time again to share another design team page with you - this one for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. At the moment, the CVS design team are currently challenged with creating a Christmas themed project that doesn't use a Christmas collection. 
I had heaps of fun going through my stash and collecting items from all different collections that I could use for my page.

"These Are the Days"

There are such a variety of collections used here, starting with that gorgeous wood grain paper from the 'Make a Wish' collection that I used for my background. (It is actually the B-side of the beautiful floral print Fresh Cut paper from MaW - don't you hate it when your two favourite prints from a range are back to back?! haha)


To create my design, I layered assorted papers from the 'You Rock'; 'Totally Rad'; and 'Colour Me Happy' collections to form a basic Christmas tree shape. I cut each piece to varying widths and overlapped them to add extra visual interest. The these are the days piece that formed the title in the centre of my tree was cut from one of the 'Colour Me Happy' Snip-Its sheets. 


I then began "decorating" my tree. I started with the 'You Rock' wood veneer star on top, then added the red stars that were fussy cut from the 'You Rock' Starshine paper. I also added the amazing and awesome wood veneer shapes (also from the 'You Rock' collection). Next, I added some phrase stickers that were from the 'Wild at Heart' Accessory Sticker sheet.


To further tie the wood theme into my page, I added a few Woodies (from the 'Hello Sunshine' collection) and the small love word from the 'Colour Me Happy' wood veneer words. I then livened up my tree by scattering some 'Colour Me Happy' Enamel Dots - Cool randomly around. 

To finish off my page, I used some of the new 'Bohemian Dream' clear stamps with navy ink to stamp some hearts and the love this sentiment around my page; before splattering a small amount of Colour Blast 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink around.
So there you have it - a Christmas themed page without a Christmas collection anywhere to be seen! (And I managed to include items from SEVEN different Cocoa Vanilla collections!)
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, love the photo, so cute...