Tuesday 8 August 2017

Happy Brothers | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Time again for another design team project from me, this time for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the fabulous 'You Rock' collection. It's no secret that I love creating boy layouts, so with two five year old boys, I always have plenty of moments to document. The photo on this page was taken the day I took my Cars-mad boys to see the new 'Cars 3' movie. (Of course, we had to wear our Lightning McQueen shirts for the occasion.) Afterwards, I took them to spend some birthday money that was burning a hole in their pockets, and they quickly snapped up some of the car characters from the movie.


I adore the wood grain print on the reverse side of the Plus One paper, so I decided to use that as the base for my layout. I wanted to "grunge" my page up a bit first, so I added some brush strokes of Colour Blast white heavy gesso; a few random smears of 'Steel' Colour Paste, and some stamping to the paper before constructing my page.


I started by creating a layered mat for my photo to sit on. I used pieces of the Stripped and Galactic papers, which I cut and tore into a variety of shapes and sizes, then stacked and stapled the pile together. I also added a small amount of frayed gauze to add some texture before adding my photo on top.


Next, I took some of the washi stickers and tore them up. I applied the enjoy the little things phrase to the right of my photo, and small pieces from the blue striped one around my page.


Die cut ephemera was next. I selected several pieces from the pack and used them to add dimension and interest to my layers by tucking them in around and under my photo.


With that fabulous wood grain print forming the background for my page, I couldn't go past using some of the coordinating wood veneer shapes to embellish it. (I so love the stars in this pack!) I added several pieces around my page, which brought warmth and natural texture to my design.


Finally, I added my title. I used the happy word from the Wild at Heart wood veneer words pack; and paired it with the word brothers from the cut apart Random paper. I highlighted my title by adding a small arrow from the rubber charms pack. I also added the double trouble phrase sticker from the accessory sticker sheet above my photo; my handwritten journaling; and a few splatters of white ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: