Wednesday 26 October 2016

Zombie | Viva Las VegaStamps October Challenge!

Hi everyone!
There's something highly unusual going on today - I am actually playing along with a challenge! When I saw the October mood board challenge for Viva Las VegaStamps I just couldn't resist. I have so many cool stamps in my stash from VLVS that were perfect for the board.

First, here's a look at the board that inspired me...


And here is what I came up with...

"Zombie"

I was inspired my many elements of the board - the "demonic" theme; the black+white+one colour scheme; the stars (I actually have the same star stamp but chose not to use it in favour of my more gruesome ones); the vertical stripes and a bit of a dark, grungey feel.

I used a photo of Brielle taken on Halloween 2014, when I dressed her as a zombie to go trick or treating. (Personally, I think it was my finest year, and way more fun to do than the ninja she wanted to be last year!)

Here are some close-ups so you can see the details. (All the stamps used on this project are from Viva Las VegaStamps.)


I used Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust (Candy) to create the "blood" dripping down from the top of the page.
The "blood splatters" around the page were created with Flutterby Designs Flutter Colour paint.


The wood veneer pieces (the frame, which I cut in half and inked grey) and the stars (which were coloured black are all from D-lish Scraps. (As was the tissue paper, black punchinella and coloured wire used in the layers under my photo.)


The handmade black and red cross embellishment is from Charms Creations and I thought it was the perfect fit for this page! I also added some red Snippet Strips from Flutterby Designs.


Here's a better look at all those luscious layers...


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this. If you have any Viva Las VegaStamps in your stash, make sure you have a go at this month's challenge. (And if you don't have, make sure you hit the store HERE and check them out!)
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

That is proper creepy ! Love it ! Thanks for joining us at VLVS!
Corrie x

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

You nailed this girl!! Thank you for joining the VLVS challenge xx

Tera Callihan said...

This is AMAZING!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE