Wednesday 12 October 2016

Be Bold | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share my latest design team project for Flutterby Designs with you all. Today I have a 12x12" mixed media layout that features a photo of my cheeky boys showing me their "tattoos" that they had drawn on each other with textas.


I was inspired to create a messy mixed media background for this layout to fit with the "art" theme of my photo. I also wanted to draw in the paint splotch design from the Everyday Etc card (from the No Excuses range) that I chosen to use as the feature behind my photo.


 To create my background, I used several different colours of Flutter Colour paint. I wanted the paint to splatter easily, so I watered it down slightly to make it thinner. Then I set about applying each colour by splattering and flicking it onto my page using a paint brush. In order to make sure I didn't make "mud", I dried each colour thoroughly before applying the next one. After it was dry I also added some stamping with black ink to give the background more depth and character.


 As I already mentioned, I used an Everyday Etc card from the No Excuses range behind my photo. I also used another card from the same range to fussy cut my Be Bold title from. As there was no purple on my background, I wanted to add some purple elements to help tie in with colours in the title. So I used one of the coordinating No Excuses Filler Cards and cut it up to add the purple I needed.


Next, I added a flair button (from set #229), which I nested on some messy black cotton thread; and one of the Blackboard Sticky Quotes below my photo. I also added a couple of Snippet Strips around my page.


I then added a few Confetti Circles wood veneer pieces, which I coloured black with my trusty Posca pen and some neon enamel dots.


A few splatters of purple mist and some quick journaling and I was finished.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this page with you. I will be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: