Friday 11 August 2017

You & Me | Scrap the Girls August Challenge

Hi everyone!
Back again with another project to share - this time it's my take on the August challenge for Scrap the Girls. This month, the challenge is a fabulous mood board called "Mr Grey" that looks like this...


To say I was excited when I saw this board is probably an understatement - I LOVE grey! I didn't want to stray from the monochromatic tones of the board, so used that as my main inspiration. I also drew on the scripted quote in the top right corner, and put my own scripted quote in the same spot on my page. I was also inspired by the image of the ink(?) on the left, which spurred me to create a mixed media background that featured quite a bit of stamping.

"You & Me"

The photo I documented was a recent selfie of Brielle & I that I snapped while we were at Aussie World. I LOVE this pic of us together and I thought it was a pretty good effort for a quick selfie!

To create my page, I started by adding some grey colour to my cardstock using a Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Cube and a waterbrush; and then some stamping using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and Carabelle Studio. Next, I added some texture using Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste, which I smeared randomly around the page with a palette knife.


I then began adding the layers that would form the mat for my photo. I used a random assortment of items, that I just kept adding to until I thought I had enough. My layers included silver tissue paper, a paper doily, grid print bitty bag, frayed gauze, a silver die cut glitter frame (which I cut in half) and some black punchinella. (Most of these items were from D-lish Scraps.) I used a stapler to secure all the layers together before adhering to my page.


For the quote, I used a Project Life card, which I simply cut into a circle. You can also see where I also added some stamped quotes randomly around my page.


To help frame my photo and draw the viewers eye in, (and also provide me with my title), I used a D-lish Scraps wood veneer frame, which had the words "you & me" on it. I altered the frame by colouring it black and then I tucked it around the corner of my photo before securing it on top of my layers.


To finish off my layout I added a grey Charms Creations heart, which I topped with a silver foiled flair button from Flutterby Designs. (No matter which way I angled it, I just couldn't get a clean shot without any reflection or colour cast, sorry.) I also added some black splatters using Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray.

Entries for this Scrap the Girls challenge close at the end of the month, so you still have plenty of time to get yours in. This month's winner will receive a prize from Colour Blast (yay!) who are our sponsor this month. Make sure you pop over to the STB blog to see what the rest of the design team created too!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Fantastic take on the challenge.. love the photo too!