Wednesday 13 January 2016

Be You & Shine for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi peeps!
I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your summer? I have had a busy week, so am only just getting a chance to share this here now.

This is my latest layout using the divine new Free Spirit collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. It features gorgeous floral prints, watercolour style, a stunning colour palette (including pops of gold!), and so many beautiful embellishments - it just makes you want to create!

My layout features a recent photo of my daughter. Who, although usually very sweet, can also be fierce when she wants to be, and this photograph captured it perfectly.


I kept this layout fairly simple, as I really wanted to ensure the powerful photo took centre stage. I started with the spotted B-side of the Wildflowers paper for my background, and added a strip of the My Way arrow printed paper to help draw the eye down through the photo.
I embellished directly on the photo using one of the die cut ephemera pieces and one of the small sized woodies.


Just as my daughter is a mixed bag when it comes to personality, I decide to create my layout title (Be You & Shine) using a mix of embellishments to spell it out. You can see how I have layered the flair button, wood veneer piece and puffy sticker on top of a die cut film strip from the ephemera pack to provide a subtle frame. I have also drawn attention to it using a small navy arrow from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


Look at the fabulous dimension in those puffy stickers...


Included in my simple layered design are pieces from the cut apart Eclectic paper, the Shabby Chic paper and pieces from the ephemera pack. There is also a button from the Fancy Buttons set.
Last of all, I added some small touches of pink watercolour to my background to help tie it all together.


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Oh what a photo!!! hehe! and love the design that really allows that photo to stand out.. fabulous layout!