Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas Memories - Project Life Spread For Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi all!
Just popping in to share my last official project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio that was featured on the blog yesterday using the Tis the Season collection. With Christmas only a few days away, I have been feeling a little nostalgic, so I was inspired to create a Project Life spread featuring some photos of our first Christmas as a family of five.


Whilst I don't often venture into this style of scrapping, I had so many photos that I really wanted to document and this style of page made it easy! (I think there will be another page or two to come yet.)



Many of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio embellishments are perfect for this style of scrapping, as they sit relatively flat on the page. For my spread, I used die cut ephemera, accessory stickers, alphabet stickers, flair buttons and enamel dots. (You could also use sequins, wood veneer, lucky charms or little stars which are also available in this collection.) I added a couple of paper doilies and some cotton thread from my stash.
I used several of the papers from the collection, which I simply cut to size to fit the pockets.




A quick tip: don't forget that you can also embellish directly onto your photos - stickers and die cuts are ideal for this!




The Merry & Bright cut apart paper features several pieces that are ideal for slipping straight into 3x4" pockets.


For this card that went alongside my post-present aftermath photo, I simply printed an appropriate quote directly onto the mini postcard from the ephemera pack.


Thanks for stopping in today so I could share this with you.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Zoe, my fellow Cocoa Vanilla design team girls, and all of you - for all the support, encouragement and friendship you have given me throughout the year. Wishing you and your families a very happy and safe Christmas!
Sue X

No comments: