Thursday 11 June 2015

Beautiful layout - Fiona Paltridge class

Hi all!
I was lucky enough to attend a class with the FABulous Fiona Paltridge when I was at the Scrapbook Expo last weekend. This was the first EVER class I have attended and I loved it! You get such a buzz being in a class with like-minded people, and to have Fiona up the front was like the icing on the cake for me. I was so happy that my sister Mandy came along with me too, as this was her first foray into the world of mixed media scrapping and she loved it!

Here is the layout I completed...


We were given some 2Crafty chipboard that was cut exclusively for our class to work with, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting messy with watercolours, acrylic paint and modelling paste.
(I was so inspired with all I learnt and saw at the expo that I came home and scrapped another mixed media layout the next day - I will share it soon.)

Here are some close-ups...




If you ever have a chance to attend one of Fiona's classes I highly recommend it. She is so lovely, heaps of fun and a wealth of knowledge. (I did take the chance to pick her brain a little after the class.) If you aren't already a follower, make sure you follow her blog HERE

Here is a photo of the gorgeous Fiona & I taken after the class. I am SO happy I finally got to meet her in the flesh and can't wait to catch up with her at another scrappy event in future!
Fiona - YOU ROCK!!! X


Til next time, happy scrapping! X

4 comments:

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Oh WOW Sue this is superb! It was an absolute pleasure having you and Mandy come along to my class. You were so full of joy and enthusiasm. It makes me so thrilled to see you enjoyed it so much. We will do it all again one day .... I promise xx

Paula said...

Lucky you...this layout is FABulous! I'm glad you had so much fun x

Lizzyc said...

I got to say Hi to Fiona when I did a class with heather McMahon which was a lot of fun too! Maybe I will do Fiona's class next year if she does one!! Your layout looks wonderful! Love the circle elements and mixed media.. Great photos too!

Alison said...

This LO rocks. How cool that this was your first ever class. Love your colour combo too.