Saturday 9 May 2015

D-lish Scraps Cyber Crop Challenge!

So I thought it was time I shared this layout here and reminded everyone that time is running out to get your entries in for the current D-lish Scraps Cyber Crop. Crops are held every month in the Facebook group The Scrap Suite, so if you aren't a member already pop over and join HERE. Besides the awesome challenges you will find a great group of people and tons of inspiration!

I set my first challenge for this crop, and started with the colour challenge. (Right up my alley, because I loooove colour challenges!)
Here is what I created...

{Papers and die cut ephemera by Teresa Collins}

Given that colour challenges are already restrictive, I have kept the criteria simple - create from the palette provided (white, charcoal, red, gold, silver). You don't have to use all the colours, but can't add any others.

Of course I used plenty of D-lish Scraps embellishments on my layout...

{D-lish Scraps wood veneer snowflake; silver foil doiley; tab from a previous "Just Add Paper kit"}

I coloured the wood veneer using a metallic marker and I will definitely be doing it again! The colour went on like butter and it added a beautiful shiny finish which I did my best to capture in the photo.


{Another snowflake wood veneer; silver coloured wire}

I LOVE using the D-lish coloured wires! I love how flexible they are, yet I can bend them exactly how I want and there they stay. I adhered them simply using a stapler and I like the industrial-type touch it adds to my layout. (Plus it is much easier than dragging out the glue!)

If you would like to enter my challenge (or any of the other fabulous challenges the DT has up this month), then join The Scrap Suite HERE and check them all out. You don't even have to blog your entries either, simply upload to the corresponding challenge folder in the group. There is a randomly drawn prize for each challenge and entries are open until 5pm, next Friday 15th May.
Pop in and join us, I'd love to see you there! :)

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

They are lovely colors and your papers are perfect! Love the stars on the background paper!

Heather McMahon said...

Gorgeous Sue! What an adorable pic!