Thursday 1 May 2014

Show Us Your Stuff May Challenge!

Can you believe it's May already? The year is sure whizzing by!
Anyway, I'm here today to share my take on the May challenge for Show Us Your Stuff, and this month it's a sketch challenge. (Who doesn't love a sketch?)
Here is my layout...

{I used some vintage Prima for this layout, and teamed it with lots of flowers, altered chipboard pieces & 
just enough sparkle & shine.}

Besides using the sketch (shown below, designed by Amanda Hartmann), the challenge criteria is to also include flowers. And, as always, your layout must contain something handmade (doesn't have to be the flowers).


Some close-ups...

{Fabric bird button from Lovelybug Bits n Bobs; satin viola from D-lish Scraps}

{Another satin viola from D-lish Scraps; decorative pin from A little bit fANTsy}

{LOVE this gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard butterfly! To achieve this effect I first primed with Gesso, then sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine, then used a brush to apply some Kindy Glitz and dab on Glimmer Mist.}

{This chippie butterfly had the same treatment as described above; the chipboard bookplate was primed with Gesso, then I used Gelatos to apply some light shading along the edges}

I hope I have inspired you to join in this month's challenge. For more inspiration from our DT, pop over to the SUYS blog HERE. The winner of this challenge will receive an awesome prize pack from Molossi!!! 
Happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sue! this is just gorgeous!