Saturday 20 October 2018

Remember | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today with my latest design team project for you. Today I am sharing one of the layouts I created for my classes at the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo earlier this year using the beautiful 'Bohemian Dream' collection and some snaps of my daughter and one of her friends. 


Although I did use a little mixed media on this page, for the most part I let the mixed media style papers from this collection do most of the work for me. I started with the super cool painty 'Abstract' paper as my page base; then cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 10x10" and stuck it down on top, leaving me with 1" border of the paper showing all the way around.


I wanted to create lots of colourful, contrasting layers to go under my photos; so I used the gorgeous 'Beautiful Mess' cut apart paper and stacked lots of the pieces up. I also used a small piece of the 'Abundant' paper that I had left over from another project. In amongst my papery layers, I also tucked some frame pieces from the die cut ephemera pack and a few accessory stickers


Once I had all the flat layers in place, I added more pieces from the die cut ephemera pack - this time floral pieces and words, using foam tape under some of them to pop them up for extra dimension. I also added some coordinating enamel shapes around my page. 


For my title, I used one of the chipboard title stickers along the bottom edge of my page; adding some subtle colour to the bottom half of it using a pink watercolour pencil, which I blended out with a water brush. I also used some other complimentary colours to add extra colour and shading along the edges of some of my paper pieces before blending them out with a water brush as well.


That beautiful big butterfly (that I simply adore!) was fussy cut from the 'Boho Bits' paper, and I adhered it with a small amount of glue in the centre before folding its wings up from the page. 
To finish, I added a small arrow from the chipboard accent stickers sheet in front of my title and I was done. 
That's all from me today. I hope I have inspired you to pull out any of the 'Bohemian Dream' collection you might be hoarding and make something pretty with it!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: