Tuesday 2 October 2018

Live Your Art | Viva Las VegaStamps


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest Viva Las VegaStamps design team project with you. This mixed media scrapbook page was created using some awesome Banksy stamps and a couple of photos of my son indulging in some spray paint art action.


This page was alllll about the background! I drew my inspiration from the colours and shapes in the photos to guide me as I constructed my layers. I began by adding some teal Kaisercraft acrylic paint in the centre of my page using a brayer. I then used a wide brush to apply some Colour Blast black heavy gesso in a few spots over the top of the teal paint.


Next, I took a yellow Faber-Castell gelato and added a few little scribbles here and there before using a baby wipe to blend them out into the background. I then went back with my brayer and some white acrylic paint and stripped back the colour a little in a few places. I used the Donna Downey "Live Your Art" stencil and sponged the title in using Staz On ink, then used a Posca paint pen to add a few highlights.


Now it was time for some stamping! I used the Banksy Salvador Dali Street Artist stamp and placed him at the beginning of my title. I also used the Banksy Who's Bad stamp to add the words above him. In the bottom corner of my page I used the Banksy Ladder Painter just underneath my title.


I wanted to add a bit of extra interest and help draw the viewer's eye through my title, so I used the Row Of Chevrons stamp and stamped it several times at the beginning of the title words. I then took a pink gelato and added some random scribbles to the page to mimic the pink on the art in the photos. I also splattered some Colour Blast 'Rainforest' Colour Spray. 


Next, it was time to add some textured layers for my photos to sit on. I used a paper doily, some punchinella and some frayed gauze. I then added some cardboard to the back of my photos to pop them up before adhering them on top.


After the photos were in place, I was able to add the Look mum I am a street artist quote using the Banksy Look Mum stamp. (Could there have been a more perfect quote for this page?!)
To finish off, I added some twisted pieces of coloured wire which I secured in place with staples; and then a few dots and spots using my favourite Doodle Dots stamp.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too! X 

VLVS stamps used:

No comments: