Wednesday 19 September 2018

Life is Good | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you. Recently some of the CVS design team were challenged to share projects featuring some form of stitching - either machine, by hand or faux. For my take on the theme, I created a layout using a mix of collections, along with machine and hand stitching.


I started with a photo of myself and my hubby that was taken on a (very) rare date day for us. As the colours in the photo were quite neutral, I wanted to keep my layout largely neutral to match. I started with the grey circular pattern on the reverse side of the Stripped paper from the You Rock collection as my page base. I then cut a sheet of white cardstock down to measure 11x11" that would go over the top, so that the base paper would show a 1/2" border all the way around.


Next, I took a sheet of the Good Times paper from the Boys Rule collection and cut a piece measuring approximately 7" and adhered it to the left side of my cardstock. I then added machine stitching along some of the radial stripes. This was going to help draw the viewers eye into the focal area of my page, as well as adding subtle texture. I then took some of the Abundant paper from the Bohemian Dream collection, and another piece of the Stripped paper I had used as my page base; and created a double layered mat for my photo. I also tucked a paper doily under the two layers before adhering them to my page.


I had a small piece of the Stripped paper remaining, so to further tie into the "Sew Good" theme, I cut a stitched tag using a metal die, tied it with some twine, and tucked it into the layers under my photo. Now it was time for some fun stuff! I took the gorgeous Sketchbook paper from the More Than Words collection and fussy cut some of the sketched flowers to tuck in around my photo. I also added some sketched flowers from the More Than Words vellum accents pack. I love how soft and pretty these are!


For my title, I used the words life is good from the Bohemian Dream chipboard title stickers sheet. In keeping with my page palette, and my choice of placement directly on top of the white cardstock, I left them plain white for a clean, simple look.

In the bottom right corner of my page, I added a small butterfly from the More Than Words die cut ephemera pack. To give the butterfly a sense of movement, I added some hand stitched detail using two strands of gold metallic embroidery thread to represent the flight path. I also stamped the date using a grey ink and added some dots from the More Than Words enamel shapes pack.


I love embellishing directly onto my photos, so I added the my darling die cut banner; a Charms Creations handmade heart embellishment (featuring stitching of course); topped with the you are loved flair button from the More Than Words flair button set.

It was then time to add a few finishing touches. A couple of small hearts from the More Than Words chipboard accent stickers sheet; my handwritten journalling; and I also stamped the words love this a few times around the page using a stamp from the More Than Words clear stamp set. After that it was a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Bling' Colour Shimmer Spray, and three hand stitched X's along the left edge of my page border.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope it has inspired you to add some sort of stitching to your next project too.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: