Saturday 15 September 2018

I Like You | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Today I am here to share a recent mixed media layout I created for Flutterby Designs featuring Flutter Colour Paints, a NEW Flutterby stencil and lots of bits and pieces from my Flutterby stash. (I love the fact I have been able to use up lots of bits and pieces lately!)


I started my page with my photo, which was taken at the Flutterby Designs 'Create by the Lake' retreat last year. (I actually can't believe I hadn't documented this one yet!) It features four members of the 2017 design team, along with our boss lady Neet, and was taken at the end of some paint throwing fun.

Inspired by the paint splattered board in the photo, I pulled out my Flutter Colour paints and painted an abstract background. The colours I used were Fire Engine Red; Yellow Zest; Orange Goldfish and Tropicana Teal. (I also used a tiny splash of a Dina Wakley navy paint.)


I then took the new 'Arty Farty' stencil; Staz On black ink and a sponge dauber and applied the words from the stencil around my page. (I used washi tape to mask off sections of the stencil as I moved it around.)
I also added a few torn strips of one of the 'Happily Ever After' filler cards.


Once my background was complete, I cut a piece from the 'Blanket Thief' 12x12" paper from the 'Happily Ever After' collection; and used it as a mat under my photo. I also cut some smaller strips of the same paper which I placed between some of the stencilled words on my page.

On the corner of my photo I stapled a tab from the 'Partners in Crime' page tabs sheet. I also added a white Tiny Sticky Quote; and behind the photo I tucked a cute little guinea pig sticker from the 'Furever Friends' Sticky Quote sheet. 


I figured this was a good chance to use up a few random bits from my stash, so I added the converse sneaker from the 'Xtreme Teen' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack alongside my photo. My title, which I applied directly onto my photo, was cut from one of the 'Partners in Crime' Everyday Etc cards. (This is an awesome range for pages celebrating friendship.)


I took the opportunity to use some more stickers from the 'Furever Friends' Sticky Quote sheet, using the title and some of the word / quote stickers around my page. I also added some Bold Enamel Dots and Rainbow Heart stickers.


Alongside my photo on the left, I added a large ampersand cut from one of the 'Any Direction' Everyday Etc cards; a "rad" sticker from the 'Xtreme Teen' Sticky Quotes sheet; and the 'You Inspire Me' flair button (from set #417).

That's all from me today. If you haven't visited the Flutterby Designs store recently, head HERE to check out the newest goodies in store. There are new stencils and page kits that have been listed, so pop over and snap them up before they are all gone.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: