Tuesday 17 July 2018

Hello Sunshine | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in to share my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you. Today I am sharing a "stash-buster" layout I created using various bits and pieces from SEVEN older Cocoa Vanilla collections. This page was inspired by the photo of my daughter and son together that I had printed some time ago but never got around to creating a page for. (So it was a photo stash buster too!)



The initial inspiration for my design came from the colours in the photo, which were dominated by the warm coral and the lime green of their t-shirts. This wasn't a traditional colour combination though, so I knew it was going to take some creativity to make it work. I decided to focus on the coral as my primary colour so I turned to the Endless Summer collection, knowing that it had the colour I was looking for. 


I chose a sheet of the 'Coastal Chill' paper for my background, using the reverse side with the subtle floral print on it. I then added some Colour Blast 'Tangereen Dream' Colour Shimmer Spray using a wide brush to spread it, and then a few splatters using a fine brush to the focal area of my page. 
I then gathered up some paper scraps to create a layered mat for my photo. In addition to the Endless Summer collection; I also used pieces from Colour Me HappyLife is Beautiful and Totally Rad. The lime stripe of the 'Mix Tape' paper from Totally Rad was just what I needed to bring some of that colour into my page.)


I then popped my photo in place and began building the layers around it. I fussy cut a doily from the Endless Summer 'This & That' paper; along with some floral pieces from the gorgeous 'Aloha Sunshine' paper; adding a few extra leaves from the coordinating ephemera pack. 


I used a variety of stickers from the Endless Summer; Free Spirit and Life is Beautiful Accessory Sticker sheets. (Stickers are always one of those things I have left over, so it was great to use up so many to add extra layers without being bulky on my page.) The sweet little banner and the adorable pink pineapple were both from the Free Spirit die cut ephemera pack


I then added a few little eclectic touches - a pink & white striped bow from the Life is Beautiful Bitty Bows pack; a beautiful printed button from the Hello Sunshine fancy buttons pack; and an acrylic heart from the Free Spirit little hearts pack.


To finish off I added some enamel dots from the Hello Lovely; Life is Beautiful and Colour Me Happy packs.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to go on your own stash-busting treasure hunt and see what you can create with some of your own left-overs. (You will be amazed how easily items coordinate across different collections once you start mixing them together!)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: