Friday 1 June 2018

The Best Brothers | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today share my first design team project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the brand new 'Boys Rule' collection. Those that know me, will already know I am a passionate boy scrapper. And I just have to say that this is my fave boy collection - EVER! As usual, Zoe has smashed it out of the park. I honestly couldn't have conceived a range more perfectly for myself if I had tried. 


I started my layout with the wood grain print of the 'Fun & Games' paper as my page background. I added a few wide brush strokes of Colour Blast white heavy gesso to define the focal areas of my page and to also soften the overall impact of the paper. I then took my 'Bohemian Dream' Clear Stamp Set and used the brush mark and some midnight blue ink to add some depth to my background. I also used the little moments stamp and stamped it around my page. To add a little more "mess factor" I splattered some navy and white mists around as well. 


Once all the mediums had dried, I took a sheet of the 'Expressionist' paper and tore some narrow strips from it. I stuck them onto my page alternating between the 'A' and 'B' sides, then took my sewing machine and stitched over the top of them, leaving the loose threads at the end of each row intact. I then added a large piece of the 'Expressionist' paper for a photo mat, which I also stitched down; before adding an extra piece of the same paper on top (again using the reverse side); before sticking my photo on top.


Once my photo was in place, it was time to add some embellishments. To the right of my photo, I tucked in the quirky little woodgrain dude which was from the new look Chipboard Pieces pack. 


To the left of my photo I added a small cluster of embellishments. I used an arrow and star from the Die Cut Ephemera pack; two phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet; and the awesome flair button.


In keeping with the "triangular" theory of design, I also added a cluster at the top of my page using two pieces from the new Miscellany pack. 


For the page title, I used two words from the Chipboard Pieces pack; along with the brothers die cut from the ephemera pack.  I used the small star banner sticker from the Accessory Stickers, which I cut in half and tucked under either side. The oh yeah tab was also from the sticker sheet. 
To finish off, I added another star from the ephemera pack; and an arrow and a couple of tiny stars from the new Clear Stickers pack. 

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. The 'Boys Rule' collection is starting to hit the shelves of retailers now, so check with your favourite store if you want to get your hands on it.

Don't forget I will be teaching a class using this new collection at the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo next Thursday 7th June from 12pm-2pm. (You can see more info about this class in my previous post HERE) There are still spots available, so if you would like to come and create a couple of cool boy pages with me, head to the website to book:
https://expertiseevents.eventsair.com/scrapbook-papercraft-expo-2018/classes/Site/Register

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: