Sunday 18 February 2018

Show Us Ya...Paste | Colour Blast


Hi everyone! Popping in to share my latest Colour Blast design team project with you. For today's post I was inspired to create a page that not only featured Colour Blast products, but a photo of some of the Colour Blast team as well. This snap was taken at a scrapbooking retreat last year, when we were posing for photos and decided to have a bit of fun with our Colour Paste stash.
(I love these chicks!)


I decided to do a bit of stash-busting for this page - using up some old Crate Paper papers and stickers I had in my cupboard. It's amazing how you can give old products a new lease on life by simply adding some mediums to them!

I started my page with a patterned paper background, but livened it up by adding some swipes of Black Heavy Gesso to it. This gave me a clearly defined focal area to work with.


Once the gesso had dried, I added a little extra colour using Sunset Colour Spray and Bling Colour Shimmer Spray by splattering them around my page.


Next, it was time to add some papery layers. I cut a few assorted pieces which I layered together and then secured with staples, then adhered it to my page.


Once I had the paper layers in place; I added my photo on top and then some various stickers around it. I still wanted a hint more colour though, so I took some Rainforest Colour Spray and added some extra splatters before I began adding my title and embellishments.


At this point I decided my layout needed a little more contrast, as well as some subtle texture; so I took my Bling Colour Paste and smeared some around the page using a small palette knife. (And I could hardly have a page featuring a photo of Colour Paste without using it on there could I?)


Let's take a closer look at some of the details.

I used the fun when in doubt, whip it out! phrase stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps! to stamp randomly around the page.


I used foam tape under some of the stickers to give a little dimension.


I also added some scattered enamel dots around my page for a little extra colour and visual interest.


I love a good mixed font title, so I used a combination of Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers and some script style foam Thickers.


That's all from me today. Why not have a look through your own stash and see if you can be inspired to use up some old supplies by mixing them with Colour Blast products?
I will be back again soon with another project.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: