Wednesday 21 February 2018

I Am a Queen | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Time for another design team project share, and today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout for Flutterby Designs. This page was created using the 'We Run the World' collection, and a selfie I took after spending the day doing demos on the Colour Blast stand at Craft Alive back in November. (I had smurf hands, even after a scrub! haha)


I knew which quote was going to be used as my feature, so started by creating a watercolour style background to match using Colour Artist Inks from Colour Blast and stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. This defined my focal area, whilst leaving plenty of white space for the eye to rest.


I then added my quote, cut from one of the Everyday Etc cards from the 'We Run the World' collection. I also used a couple of narrow strips from one of the coordinating filler cards to define the focal line from which the rest of the layout was going to be structured. Underneath the quote, I added a torn strip from another of the filler cards; and phrase sticker from the white tiny sticky quote sheet.


I then added my photo, which I cut away from the background and then mounted on some scrap cardboard before sticking it down. I added the wood veneer crown and the this is me quote (both from the 'We Run the World' wood veneer set). I also added the note speech bubble from the Speech Bubbles 2 Photo Cut Out. (These are awesome for adding that little bit of extra personality to a page and you get several per sheet.)


Next, it was time to add something to the to of my page, as it was looking very "bottom heavy" at this stage and I wanted to balance it out. I took another strip torn from the black & white striped filler card; as well as the she is cut from one of the white sticky quotes. I paired it with the words confident and bad ass from another one of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc cards; and the strong wood veneer from the coordinating set. The crown sticker came from the WRTW Sticky Quotes sheet.


To finish off, I added another couple of torn strips of the black and white striped filler card along the bottom edge of my page; as well as a white sticky quote and a flair button. (This high five one I used was from set #306.)

That's all from me today, I will be back soon with another project to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: