Monday 12 February 2018

3 | Scrap the Girls February Challenge


Hi everyone!
Today I am here to share my take on the February challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month, the challenge is a sketch, which just happens to have been designed by me! As February is traditionally the month of "love", I designed a simple themed sketch called 'Star Crossed Love'...


Given that this was my own sketch, you would have thought I would have no trouble sticking to it, right? Not exactly...haha! Once I sat down to create my page, it did take on a bit of a mind of its own. 
Here's what I created...


I chose to create a page documenting this photo of myself, my sister and one of my besties (and the third amigo) Krisy. I took the opportunity to do some stash busting as well, using up some assorted items from my stash.


Most of the papers on my page were from the Crate Paper collections 'Confetti' and 'Bloom' by Maggie Holmes. (I have been hoarding these for entirely too long, so it was time to use some up.) The awesome I just knew we'd be friends quote came from a Flutterby Designs Everyday Etc card from the 'Partners in Crime' collection.


I also included some coordinating Crate Paper ephemera pieces and chipboard frames, which I included in my layers on my page. I then added some Flutterby Designs Tiny Quick Quotes stickers; a few pieces of torn washi tape and some staples with my tiny attacher.


To finish off my page, I added the Flutterby Designs trouble maker flair button, which I nested on some cotton thread; stamped the bitch please... phrase with my Typo stamp; and splattered some Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink.


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. Don't forget that you have until the end of the month to get your entries in for this challenge. You can head over to the Scrap the Girls blog for all the details and see what else the team created with my sketch.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: