Thursday 25 January 2018

You Are Loved | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! 
Today I am sharing a design team page I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the brand new 'More Than Words' collection. This collection is just SO pretty - full of beautiful pastel tones, gorgeous florals, sweet sentiments and perfect for just about any subject or occasion. As is usually the case when I get a new range, it took me a while to decide what to do because I didn't want to cut anything up! haha


When I started shuffling through all the beautiful papers, I found myself continually drawn to the Effervescent paper; with all its glorious overlapping watercolour bubbles. (I even love the paper name - how could you not love the word effervescent?!) I decided to use it for my background, but cut a third of the sheet away and then added in a piece of the wood grain pattern from the B side of the Precious paper. I then took the paper I had cut away and fussy cut some of the bubbles from it; which I adhered over the wood grain to "float" the pattern across.


Next, I created a layered photo mat where I wanted my photo to be placed. In keeping with the circular theme from the bubbles on the background, I used the tiny spotted print from the 6x6" paper pad; as well as a piece from the Collage paper that featured a larger polka dot pattern. I then added some cardboard to the back of my photo before mounting it on top. 


I then added my layout title, which was a large watercolour bubble fussy cut from the Treasure paper. I wanted to add a little dimension to help it pop from the background, so used some foam tape behind it and bent the edges up. To help balance my layout, I looked for two other circular pieces I could add to create my "visual triangle". 


The first piece I chose was the beautiful you make my heart sing chipboard accent sticker, which I placed to the bottom right of my photo. The third circular piece I chose was the love you so much sticker from the accessory sticker sheet. I added this directly to the left side of my photo using some foam tape.


I then added a few more pieces from the chipboard accent sticker sheet - the cute banner underneath my photo; an arrow; and some small hearts. I also added 3 butterflies that I fussy cut from the Collage paper. Again, I created a "visual triangle" using the butterflies, but slightly off-set it from the one I first created with my circular pieces.


To finish off my page, I used two stamps from the new Clear Stamp Set. (I am a big fan of stamps and think you can never have too many!) I really love this new set, it has really sweet imagery that will prove to be really versatile. I used grey ink to stamp the phrase the best randomly around my page, as well as the small cluster of hearts that I also stamped around.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this. I will be back again soon with another project to share. In the meantime, be sure check with your favourite retailer to see if they have ordered the new 'More Than Words' collection yet. It started shipping out to stores yesterday!  

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: