Saturday 20 January 2018

I am a Girl | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Time again for another design team share for Flutterby Designs. I am still loving the recently released 'We Run the World' collection and couldn't resist creating another page with it. I had these fun Snap Chat selfies and thought they would work perfectly with this range. Instead of my usual messy mixed media however, I was instead drawn to create a more graphic style page. (Yes, it shocked me too!)


As you can see my page design features lots of straight lines, colour blocks and clean, white space. (OK, so there is a bit of a splash of mixed media, but it's very minimal.) 
Besides the photos, my main inspiration for this page was the I am a girl piece I used for my title. It was fussy cut from one of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc cards and I was really drawn to the brush stroke behind it.


I then pulled out the we run the world title card from the same pack, and fussy cut the words from it as well. Next, I sorted through the coordinating filler card pack and started pulling pieces that I thought would work well together. After that, it was simply a matter of shuffling pieces around my page until I was happy with the placement before I started sticking them down.


Once my photos and paper pieces were in place, I added some scrap cardboard under my photos and the we run the world phrase before using a small amount of liquid adhesive to stick it all down. 
Then it was time to add some embellishments. I wanted to layer some of the key words from the collection around my page on top of my paper strips.


At the top of the page I used the strong die cut from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack, which I mounted up using some foam tape to give it a little dimension. I also used the fierce from the Wood Veneer Bits sheet (which I coloured white using a Posca pen); and an opaque acetate brave word.


On the small square in the top right of my page, I added one of the flair buttons from the 'We Run the World' set #1; and a small heart from the die cuts pack. I also added a larger die cut heart to the square on the bottom right of my page. 

I used the empowered sticker from the 'We Run the World' Sticky Quotes sheet; along with a small heart. At the bottom of my page on top of the brick wall paper, I added the we can rock the world sticker from the same sheet.


To finish off my page, I couldn't resist a tiny amount of messy media. I used some watercolour pencils to add a couple of organic scribbles, which I then went over with a waterbrush to blend the colour out slightly. I also used a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube to add a small splash of green on the right side of my page, and some tiny splatters around as well.

I was really happy with how this page turned out, and the fact I had used a different style. (And quite impressed with my ability to show restraint for a change! haha)
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: