Saturday 6 January 2018

Get Your Halo Dirty | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
As you may have already seen announced, I am so happy to say that I am staying on the Flutterby Designs team again this year (Anita might have to pry me out with a crowbar at this rate - but who else lets me say "fuck" on my pages as much as she does?) ;)
Today I am here to share my first Flutterby project for 2018 - a page I created using the recently released 'We Run the World' collection. (As soon as I saw this SnapChat filter, I immediately thought of the get your halo dirty card from this collection!)


Let's talk about my background first.
That gorgeous paper (that I have been hoarding!) is called 'Beyonce' and is one of the ten 12x12" papers from the 'We Run the World' Paper Pack. (These were produced in a very limited run, so if you want to get your hands on some, grab them before they are gone!) I didn't want to mess up the awesome pattern too much, so I simply dry-brushed a small amount of Colour Blast white Heavy Gesso over my focal area to help define it.


The next thing I did was fussy cut my photos and then matted them with some white cardstock to help them pop a bit more. I also mounted the main photo on some cardboard (I use my Flutterby order boxes for this); so that the front photo would sit out from the one behind. (I was going with a "devil on your shoulder" type design.)
As I already knew I wanted to use the halo quote; I cut it out from the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc card and then used the excess pieces to tuck in underneath the bottom edges of my photos.


Behind my photos at the top, I tucked in an Everyday Etc filler card that featured a gorgeous round frame, as I thought it kind of resembled an orb of light (or something like that). I also added some messy cotton thread for texture before sticking my photos down. 


I love a good mixed font sentence that doubles for a title; so along with the quote, I used some Flutterby Blackboard and Teal Sticky Alphas; Snippet Strips; Black Tiny Sticky Quotes and the bad ass tab from the 'We Run the World' frame. Alongside my title, I added one of the flair buttons from the 'We Run the World' set #1.

To finish my page, I added a few of the hexagons from the 'We Run the World' Wood Veneer Bits set. I simply popped them out of the sheet and used a pink Posca pen to quickly add a bright splash of colour before sticking them on.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I am looking forward to sharing many more Flutterby projects over the coming year!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: