Monday 6 November 2017

You Rock | Scrap the Boys November


Hi everyone!
Time to share another design team layout with you all - this time for Scrap the Boys. This month's challenge is a colour challenge and it looks like this...


I have to admit when I first saw this colour combination it didn't thrill me. (Nothing with brown usually does.) But once I figured that I could cover the brown using wood grain, and slightly tweak that sea green to a lighter aqua, I knew I could work with it. 
Here's what I came up with...


I started my background by laying down the orange using Colour Blast 'Amber' Colour Shimmer Dust and a wide brush. I then added some stamping using black ink and some stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps


I then created a layered mat for my photo to sit on using patterned papers from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'You Rock' collection and a printed kraft bitty bag and dip dye tag from D-lish Scraps. I also added some 'You Rock' die cut ephemera pieces.


Beneath my photo, I added a Charms Creations denim & hessian heart, which I topped with the Cocoa Vanilla You Rock flair. I also added a coordinating chipboard sticker arrow, and then a chipboard sticker star alongside my photo.


To finish off I added some small torn pieces of washi tape, 'You Rock' enamel shapes and some stamped phrases around my page. I also added a few splatters of mist.

That's all from me today. I hope you will join in on our challenge at Scrap the Boys this month. If you are looking for some more inspiration, or more details about the challenge or prizes, you can head to the Scrap the Boys blog HERE.
*Scrap the Boys also has a design team call out for 2018 - if you are a boy scrapper, head over HERE for all the details and get your application in!*
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Rosemary Hanson said...

You're right about the colours being challenging but I guess that is the name of the game!! Great page Sue😃

Lyne said...

The colors area struggle for me too - hence a challenge :-) You did a great job with them!