Thursday 23 November 2017

Shine Bright | Colour Blast


Hi everyone!
It's time to share another design team project with you, this one created for Colour Blast. This layout features a fun Snap Chat photo of Hunter & I. (Not hubby's favourite because he thinks Hunter looks like a girl, but my boy doesn't care - he thinks he looks beautiful and I agree!) I used Colour Shimmer Cubes, Colour Paste and Colour Spray on this page.


To create my page I started with white cardstock and the Colour Shimmer Cubes in my chosen colours - Rose Petal and Lovely Lilac. I gave each of the cubes a spray of water to moisten them, then left them sit for a couple of minutes. Once the cubes were ready to use; I applied a light spray of water to my page, before adding some of the Rose Petal with a wet brush; and then began randomly moving the colour around. Each time I added more colour, I also added extra water to help move it around the page.

I then repeated the process with the Lovely Lilac, blending the two colours together in some areas as I went. I also splattered the excess colour from my brush around my page before drying it off.


Once my page was dry, I applied some Singin' the Blues Colour Paste using a palette knife; which I smeared randomly around my page. This provided both contrast and texture to my page.


Whilst the Colour Paste was drying, I began assembling the remainder of my layout. I gathered up some paper scraps from the new Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Bohemian Dream' collection and layered them together, securing them with a few small staples. This formed my photo mat. 


I adhered my photo mat to my page, and then added some stamping using the new Cocoa Vanilla Studio clear stamps and blue and navy inks. I then added my embellishments - die cut ephemera and  stickers (also from the 'Bohemian Dream' collection)' and my photo.


Once everything was in place,I decided my page need some additional dark contrast, so I added a few splatters of Indigo Colour Spray by removing the nozzle from the bottle and flicking it around.


After that, it was simply a matter of adding the date and my journaling and my page was complete. 

You can see how the tones of the Colour Shimmer Cubes have overlapped and blended together on the page - so pretty, and a perfect match for the gorgeous 'Bohemian Dream' collection.


Look how the light reflects to show the beautiful shimmer from both the Colour Paste and the Colour Shimmer Cubes. Such a stunning combination of colours!


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project for you. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: