Saturday 4 November 2017

Journal Cover | Viva Las VegaStamps Guest Designer


Hi everyone!
I am here today to share the final project I created as part of my guest designer spot for Viva Las VegaStamps last month.


This is a Paint-Me-Dori paintable fabric journal cover from Anita Tillman at MadeByNinnyNoo that I won as a prize at the Flutterby Designs 'Create by the Lake' retreat. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with it, until I was inspired by all the Viva Las VegaStamps! images I had stamped onto tissue paper (courtesy of Fiona Paltridge's stash).


I first gave the canvas cover a quick swipe of colour using Flutterby Designs 'Aquamarine Dream' Flutter Colour paint; then I cut out the images I wanted to use and applied them using a matte medium to create a collage. The beauty of this method is that as the tissue paper dries, it virtually disappears into the background, leaving only the stamped image behind, and is perfect for textured surfaces like this canvas fabric. 


Once the cover was completely dry, I added splashes of colour using my Posca paint pens; and then added some smears of Colour Blast black and white heavy gesso with my fingers. I think it came out great, and I am so happy with my unique journal cover. 


Here's a linked list of all the stamps I used on this project:

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: