Monday 25 September 2017

We Were Here | Scrap the Boys September Challenge

Hi everyone! September means Fathers Day here in Australia (not sure about other parts of the world - when is it celebrated where you are?) and so we at Scrap the Boys are celebrating dads - with this as our September challenge...


I couldn't resist the opportunity to scrap some photos I had of my hubby and one of our boys on a ride together at an amusement park. This was the first time the boys were tall enough to go on some of the "big" rides, and even though the other one wasn't too keen, Hunter couldn't wait to get on it with his dad. He was so proud to sit up beside him like a big boy.


I started this layout with a sheet of white cardstock and brushed it with Colour Blast 'Peacock' Colour Shimmer Dust that I had mixed with water. I then added some stamping using a couple of my favourite stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps. Next, I took my Colour Blast 'Royalty' Colour Paste and a Dusty Attic stencil and applied some rich, vibrant texture to my page. I topped that off with a liberal "drizzle" of yellow Flutter Colour paint and set it aside to dry.


The next step was to add some layers and create a mat for my photo strip to sit on. I gathered together an assortment of items including some Flutterby Designs Everyday Etc filler cards that I cut into assorted shapes and sizes; a die cut glitter polaroid frame; frayed gauze; and black cotton thread.


I then set about adding my embellishments. I used some phrases cut from Flutterby Designs Snippet Strips to help convey the theme of my page as well as contributing some extra pops of yellow. Alongside my photo I added a handmade super star from Charms Creations, which I topped with a Flutterby Designs flair button. (Charms stars + flair buttons = can't go wrong!)


Finally, I added a Flutterby Designs wood veneer title and some tiny stars, all of which I coloured black using a Sharpie pen. I also added a few stamped phrases and my handwritten journaling and I was done!

I hope you will play along with us at Scrap the Boys this month. (You can scrap any "dad" you like - it could your dad, your husband, your grandad or just your take on the Fathers Day theme - as long as you are scrapping boys!) You have until the end of the month to get your entries linked up and be in the running for a fabulous prize.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lyne said...

Such wonderful mixed media!