Thursday 21 September 2017

Love You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Today I have my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project to share with you featuring the beautiful 'Wild at Heart' collection, and a photo of me with my three children. (All looking in the same direction AND smiling - it's a photographic miracle! haha)


Knowing in my head I wanted to add some mixed media to my creation, I started my layout with a sheet of white cardstock, then added vertical strips of both the 'Bohemian' and 'Patchwork' papers to define the focal area of my page.


I then added a mat for my photo cut from the beautiful marbled print side of the 'Grow Wild' paper and some frayed gauze for subtle texture.


Next, I took a sheet of the gorgeous floral 'Memento' paper and fussy cut several large floral pieces from it. I used these to tuck around my photo, and also to create to focal anchor point in two of the diagonally opposing corners. This helped bring balance and flow to my design. I then used Colour Blast 'Blush' Colour Shimmer Cube to highlight and extend on each of the floral pieces. I also added add some soft splatters around my page using the coordinating 'Blush' Colour Shimmer Spray.


For the cluster in the bottom right corner, I topped the floral piece with one of the rubber charms and a small heart from the chipboard accent stickers sheet. For the top left cluster, I added a small heart from the die cut ephemera pack. I also added a sentiment from the ephemera pack directly onto my photo.


I used the large love you from the chipboard accent stickers as my layout title, adhering it directly below my photo and emphasising it with a die cut ephemera frame that I cut into pieces.


To finish off, I added a beautiful butterfly from the ephemera pack and then I left it at that. I was really happy with the soft, understated result of this page.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today so I could share this with you. I will be back in a couple of weeks with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: