Saturday 30 September 2017

5 | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! 
Squeezing in a final design team page for the month. This one was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio, using the fabulous 'You Rock' collection. I am still loving creating pages with this collection - with it's bright colours and bold patterns, it's perfect for photos of my twin terrors! Just like this snapshot from their 5th birthday a few months ago. We always have two cakes on their birthday - this year they asked for their favourite Transformers. (Just because they share the same birthday shouldn't mean they have to share a cake too, right?!)


I started this page with a sheet of white cardstock as my base. I already had a basic design in mind, which I knew was going to be quite busy with many colours and patterns, so the white background provided the viewer's eye a place to rest.

I added torn pieces of the 'Plus One' paper to the top and bottom of my page, which I overlaid with a colourful striped piece from the 'Stripped' paper.


I used a variety of papers for the layers under my photo - 'Galactic'; 'Night Sky'; 'In Line' and 'Random'. I added in some torn pieces of washi tape sticker; red paper doily and some messy cotton thread as well.

The card with the jumbled numbers was cut from the 'Random' paper and I used it as my title card by simply outlining the 5 with a Sharpie pen and using an arrow from the chipboard accent stickers to highlight it. The wow word piece was from the die cut ephemera pack and I popped it onto some foam tape to mount it a little higher on the card.


Along the bottom of my page, I created a secondary focal point to anchor my journal card, using similar items to the main section of the page. This time I added in a flair button and clustered some enamel shapes nearby.
I then added a few extra enamel shapes around my page, as well as some phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.


To finish off, I added some happy birthday themed stamping around my page and some splatters of Colour Blast 'Road Base' Colour Spray.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: