Tuesday 22 August 2017

You Rock | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my latest design team project with you all. This one was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for this week's 'All About Colour' theme we are focusing on.

Colour is such an integral part of creating, and the colour choices you make for your layout design can help influence the mood or theme you want to convey. For this page, I wanted to document this cute photo of my boys, so I allowed my colour choices to be dictated by the colours in the photo.

"YOU ROCK"

You can see that I selected the blue as my main tone; followed by the complimentary lime green; then some small pops of red as the accent colour. I used elements from the 'You Rock' and 'Totally Rad' boy collections for this page to achieve the combination of colours I was after.

I started with the 'Stellar' paper from Totally Rad; and applied some Colour Blast 'Cobalt' Colour Shimmer Dust, which I mixed with water and applied with a small brush to define the focal area of my page. I held my page vertically whilst doing so, which allowed the excess paint to run down the page. I then added some splatters of Colour Blast 'Carribean' Colour Spray to my page and allowed it to dry.


Once dry, I cut the background paper down to measure approx 11x11" and then adhered it to the B side of the 'Galactic' paper from the 'You Rock' collection to form a border. I then used more of the 'Galactic' paper to mat under my photo, and added an extra layer with the lime striped 'Mix Tape' paper from 'Totally Rad' and some frayed gauze and messy lime green thread for texture.


I then began embellishing around my photo, using pieces from the die cut ephemera packs from each collection; along with some fussy cut stars from the 'Starshine' paper to create clusters. I complimented each of the clusters with some 'Totally Rad' enamel shapes and added one of the 'You Rock' flair buttons to the one at the top.


I used one of the large 'You Rock' wood veneer shapes as my title, and coloured it using a Posca pen so that it would pop from the page. I then stamped the date and added a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Apple of My Eye' Colour Shimmer Spray and 'Road Base' Colour Spray around my page and I was finished.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Stay tuned to the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog this week, so the team can inspire you to break out all those gorgeous bold colours in your stash and get creating with them!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: