Monday 14 August 2017

Shameless | Scrap & Chat Retreat Challenge

Hi everyone!
Just a quick share from me today of a layout I completed whilst at the Scrap & Chat retreat in Victoria last weekend. It was one seriously AWESOME retreat with such a fabulous talented crew and I am already counting down until next year!
Here's our group photo...


Now, onto my layout. This page was completed for one of the many challenges we had available to participate in. We were each given a stencil, wood veneers and a DIY fabric button from the lovely Jo at Kinder Kreations that we had to use on a project.

Here's what I created (and yes, there is a swear word on it)...


I went with a black cardstock background for this one and then used some Colour Blast 'Sienna' Colour Paste, which I smeared around with a palette knife. Once dry, I applied 'Dusty Charcoal' Colour Paste using the Kinder Kreations alphabet stencil over the top of the 'Sienna' paste.


I then added some texture to my background using some plasterers joint tape and some frayed gauze, before adding my photo on top, which was mounted on some cardboard to give it extra dimension.


I then took the Kinder Kreations wood veneer stars and added some subtle colour to them using a Colour Blast 'Singin' the Blues' Colour Shimmer Cube and a small brush. I also added a few random painted spots to my background to provide some contrast. (The shimmer showed incredibly well on the dark background!)


While I had my paintbrush out, I also added a small swipe of the same colour to the Kinder Kreations fabric button, as well as some stamped words.


To finish my page I added some copper coloured wire (attached with staples); white ink splatters and my handwritten journaling using a white gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: