Thursday 24 August 2017

Love Us | Charms Creations Guest Designer

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share a layout I created for my guest designer spot for Charms Creations this month. I was already a big fan of Charms handmade embellishments (and have been since the very beginning!), so I was thrilled when she asked me if I would do a guest spot for her. You have probably seen her embellishments popping up regularly on my pages for some time, and there are plenty of pages I could have shared, but I wanted to create some fresh ones to showcase them.
This is the first...

"Love Us"

I started this page with a sheet of black cardstock, which I brushed lightly with some Colour Blast heavy white gesso and a wide brush. I then used my 'Hugs & Kisses' stencil from Flutterby Designs to apply some Colour Blast 'Fire Engine' Colour Paste to selected areas of my page. Over the top of the paste, I drizzled some 'Artic White' Flutter Colour paint.


Once my background was dry, I then started work constructing the main focal area. I chose a variety of elements to form my layers including Everyday Etc filler cards and a page tab from the Flutterby Designs 'Mad About You' collection; a paper doily and striped bitty bag from D-lish Scraps; die cut pieces of glitter cardstock; and some black cotton thread. I stapled some of the layers together before sticking it all down onto my page and adding my photo on top.


I then added my Charms Creations embellishments - I used the Glitter Glam heart & star set, which are a new addition to the Charms range. I placed the heart along one of my paint drizzles in the top right corner of my layout; and then placed the star on the bottom left corner of my layout, topping it with a Flutterby Designs flair button.


I also added some stickers from the coordinating 'Mad About You' Sticky Quotes sheet and pieces from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack around my page.


My title was fussy cut from a couple of the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc cards and it was perfect against the black background.


To finish my page I added some small randomly placed crosses (kisses) with a white gel pen and a few splatters of white ink spray.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you haven't stopped by the Charms Creations store lately to see what's new you can find it HERE (And for anyone international who might be wondering, yes, I am sure Charm would be happy to post internationally, just pop over to the contact page HERE and get in touch if you are interested.)
I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: