Saturday 19 August 2017

Go Big or Go Home | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone! Today I have a project to share that was created for Flutterby Designs using lots of goodies from the new 'Flawsome' collection. (I actually completed this one while I was away on the Flutterby retreat!) I scrapped a Snap Chat selfie that I took with my fave vampire filter (isn't it fabulous? I love how the blood trickles out when you open your mouth!)


I started with a mixed media background for this page - first some Colour Blast black heavy gesso smeared onto my cardstock, then I mixed some 'Grape Soda' Flutter Colour paint with a little water and splattered it around my page using a small brush.


I knew EXACTLY which quote from the new collection that I was going to pair with my photo and that was the reason for my colour choices for this page. (Could I have used anything else but - I already know I am going to hell. At this point it's really GO BIG or go home?! It was perfect!) I fussy cut the quote from one of the 'Flawsome' Everyday Etc cards.


I used a number of different filler cards for my layered photo mat behind my photo. Some were from the coordinating 'Flawsome' pack, and some from the 'Happy Together' filler card set. I also added a page tab from the 'Flawsome' sheet; some frayed gauze; and black cotton thread to my layers.


The next thing I did was to create a small cluster alongside my photo. I used the die cut quote from the 'Flawsome' Bits & Bobs pack, a flair button and a black Tiny Sticky Quote.


Next, I added a few circle wood veneer pieces (which I coloured with a white paint pen) randomly around my page and a Charms Creations arrow to help highlight my quote.


To finish off, I added a few stamped hell yeah phrases using a Typo stamp, and then splattered some black and red Colour Blast Colour Sprays around.


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: