Friday 4 August 2017

Cool As Bro | Flutterby Designs

Hi everyone! It's time for another design team project share and this one is for Flutterby Designs. Two weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend the annual Flutterby 'Create by the Lake' retreat held at Lake Keepit, along with several members from the Flutterby Design Team (and about 75 other ladies). I was so happy to be able to get together with these girls in person - they really are my people!

Here's a shot of us together taken just after the colour activity that Anita had organised...

L to R - Skai, Tam, Anita, me (Sue) and Krisy 

Whilst on retreat, I also had the opportunity to create several Flutterby projects, the first of which I am sharing today. This page was created using a combination of Flutterby items. 


I started with a white cardstock base, and I added some red watercolour paint using a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust (Candy) and a wide brush. I then took my Flutterby 'Stargazed' stencil and added some texture using Colour Blast Colour Paste (Dusty Charcoal); and some splatters of 'Love' and 'Road Base' Colour Sprays.


I then created a layered mat for my photo using a range of Everyday Etc cards (some of these were from the recently released 'Xtreme Teen' collection); a page tab and some messy black cotton for added texture.


I fussy cut the large pair of sunglasses from another of the 'Xtreme Teen' Everyday Etc cards, which I topped with a flair button. 


The title was also fussy cut from one of the cards, and I added a the Blackboard Sticky Quote directly onto my photo. Around my page I stuck a couple of Snippets, which also helped to bring more of the aqua colour onto my page.


As a final touch, alongside my photo I added a little ghetto blaster die cut from the 'Xtreme Teen' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack; and a few stamped words and I was done.


Thanks so much for stopping by so I could share this with you. I will be back again with another project soon. In the meantime, pop over to the Flutterby blog to see what the rest of the team has been up to and don't forget to share your own projects in our Flutterby Inspiration HQ group on Facebook.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: