Thursday 17 August 2017

Adorable | Colour Blast

Hi everyone! I am popping in today to share my latest Colour Blast design team project with you.
I am sure I am not the only person who has lots of items in their stash gathering dust, and one of my big ones is flowers. It's been quite a while since I made a layout using them, so I thought it was time I dusted them off and got some onto a page. And as long as I was embracing flowers, I figured I might as well go the whole girly way, and create with some beautiful pink from the Colour Blast range!

"Adorable"

So how did I go about creating this page? Here's a pictorial step by step of my process using the various mediums.


1. I prepared my cardstock for my background by spreading with a thin coat of White Heavy Gesso. (I used an old gift card to achieve a smooth, even coverage.)

2. Once the gesso was dry, I took my cardstock outside (to minimise mess) and stood it up vertically.

3. Using Blush Colour Shimmer Spray, I sprayed along the top 1/3 of my page. I sprayed until the page was quite wet, which allowed the colour to pool and run down the page.


4. Once dry, I tore the edges from the page (I took off approx. 1/2" all around) and distressed them using my finger; then adhered it onto a sheet of coloured cardstock (another thing gathering dust in my stash) to form my page base.

5. I then took one of my older stencils with a baroque style pattern (because it was the day for stash busting) and used a palette knife to apply some Fire Engine Colour Paste to the top 1/3 of my page.

6. I then allowed the paste to dry.


7. Once the paste had dried, I then took my palette knife and used it to spread some Blush Colour Paste over the top to help further define the focal area where my photo was going to go. I used a fairly rough application, as I wanted the paste to have good, defined texture to contrast the smooth edges of the stencilled design.

8. You can see how the Blush Colour Paste has settled down in the areas between the stencilled pattern; and how it has helped soften the bright colour of the Fire Engine paste. I deliberately left some areas of the pattern untouched though, to allow the deeper colour to pop.


9. After the second Colour Paste had dried, I added some splatters to my page using Steel and Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Sprays and some Bubblegum Colour Spray. (I simply took the nozzles from the bottles and flicked them around my page.)

10. Whilst my background was drying, I took a Blush Colour Shimmer Cube and used it to colour the Charms Creations fabric heart and two wood veneer hearts I was going to use to embellish my page. After spritzing the surface of the cube with water and leaving to stand for a minute, I used a small flat brush to apply the colour directly onto my embellishments then set them aside to dry.

Next, it was simply a matter of constructing my page.


I used layers of tissue paper, a paper doily and some frayed gauze as a mat under my photo. I also added some scrap cardboard to mount my photo up slightly.


I added the painted Charms Creations heart, which I topped with a flair button along the edge of my photo; then added small clusters of paper flowers on either side of my photo.


Below my photo I added another cluster of assorted flowers; a sequin bow; and then the two wood veneer hearts further down my page. (Flowers, bow, paper doily and flair button all from D-lish Scraps.)


To finish my page I added a few stamped phrases and I was done!

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you today. I will be back again soon with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: