Monday 5 June 2017

You Rock | Scrap the Boys June Challenge

Hi everyone! Just popping in to share my take on this month's challenge at Scrap the Boys. This month there is a colour challenge happening which looks like this...


I love a good colour challenge, and I loved this one even more when I realised I could use the brand new 'You Rock' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio for my sample! #winning (Although I did put my own twist on it by adding in woodgrain - everything is better with woodgrain, right?)

Here is what I came up with...


I used the B side of the fabulous Plus One paper for my background. (I just can't go past a good woodgrain!) I decided to use a grid style design for my page, but didn't want it to be a traditional grid with even sized squares. Instead, I marked out the area of the page that represented my grid, and then set about finding pieces to fit inside it.


The first item I reached for when it came to filling my grid, was my photo. Once I had it placed where I wanted it to go, I then started with the cut apart paper from the collection (aptly named Random). There were lots of interesting pieces I could use, so I chose a couple of the bigger pieces and then worked my way down from there.


In addition to the cut apart paper, I also added some of Accessory Stickers, Chipboard Stickers and the brand new Washi Stickers to help fill the spaces. I then set about adding a little dimension to my design, by adhering some die cut ephemera pieces with foam tape; and also by adding some wood veneer pieces and rubber charms.


To finish off, I added some subtle splatters of white ink spray around my page.

I hope you will play along with us at Scrap the Boys this month. As always, we have a fabulous prize up for grabs for our winner, so make sure you get your entries linked up on the STB blog before the end of the month.

I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: