Friday 5 May 2017

You Stole My Heart | Scrap the Girls May Challenge

Hi everyone! I am here with another design team project to share today, this one for Scrap the Girls. This month, in honour of Mother's Day the challenge for Scrap the Girls is entitled "Mother" and it includes this board for inspiration...


To enter, you simply need to create a layout that includes a photo of a mother. For my layout, I chose to scrap a photo of me, on my very first Mothers Day. I had only been home from hospital for 2 days with Brielle, after having been in there for 2 weeks. And she still wasn't officially due for 3 weeks at this point in time, so it was a very quiet day at home that day.

"You Stole My Heart"

I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Love Always' collection for this layout; and aside from the full sheet I used for my background, the remaining paper was all from my bag of scraps. 


Amongst my paper layers I also included some paper doilies; a small paper bag; and a dip dye tag, which I tied with twine (all from D-lish Scraps). I also added some frayed gauze and messy cotton thread to add some soft texture.


To add some dimension to my layers, I used some of the coordinating 'Love Always' chipboard stickers and puffy stickers.


I also included a matching flair button, small phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet and a few Sparkles enamel dots placed around my page.


To finish off, I added some handwritten journaling, some stamping, and a few subtle splatters of Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray.

Thanks for stopping by today. I do hope you will enter this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls - you simply need to create a layout that includes a photo of a mother. And how fortunate that I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio goodies for this layout, as this month's lucky winner will win a $25 voucher from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! Head to the Scrap the Girls blog to enter!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: