Wednesday 6 July 2016

You + Me for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! I am here today to share a layout I created recently using the Free Spirit collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This page was actually created as a gift for a special friend's birthday, so I started by creating a cool collage of black and white photos of her with her hubby.


I wanted to have a fairly neutral background so it wouldn't detract from the photos, so I used the reverse side of the Eclectic paper, which is printed with small typewritten words. I then used some pieces of the Wildflowers and Word Jumble papers in a vertical design, using a punch along the edge of one of them.


I then embellished my layout with coordinating items from the collection. Die cut ephemera pieces would have to be my favourite - they are a quick and easy way to add a variety of elements to your layout, and are perfect for layering with other things.


To add extra dimension to the clusters around my layout I also included a flair button; little heart; blooms and enamel shapes. I often embellish directly onto my photos to add even more dimension. Here I used a small die cut and some of the puffy stickers.


For the title of this layout I used a piece of the Eclectic cut apart paper, and embellished it with a couple more die cut pieces.

As a finishing touch (and because it was a gift), I popped the completed layout into a simple white frame which made it look that much more special. (And yes, it was very well received!)


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
It's not long now until the newest Cocoa Vanilla collection 'Love Always' starts shipping out to retailers. If you haven't see this stunning collection in it's entirety yet, then make sure you check out the reveal post on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog HERE
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: