Wednesday 8 June 2016

You + Me - a Colour Me Happy layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Today I am very excited to share my latest work that was created as part of the current collaboration between Cocoa Vanilla Studio and Faber-Castell. This layout was created using products from the Colour Me Happy collection as well as Faber-Castell Gelatos; Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils and PITT pens.

"You + Me

First of all that amazing red border on the Spotty Dot paper background was created using a red Gelato. Don't you love how vibrant the colour is? You can see that I have complimented it by using red Blossoms, (as well as other colours from the warm pack), and have topped them with Enamel Dots (also from the warm pack).


For my main feature paper, I took a piece of the Floral Fancy and added some highlight details using Fineliner PITT artist pens (from the warm colours pack) and then coloured it using Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils. I stuck to using warm tones only on this layout, so I deliberately chose not to colour the leaves which helped the flowers to "pop" even more.


I used a piece of the coloured side of the Doodle Dandy paper to mat my photo, and then used various pieces from the Snip-Its pack to embellish on, and around it.


If you would like to read more about how I used the Faber-Castell products to achieve this look, you can visit the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog to read my post HERE

For all my scrappy friends who are attending the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo this weekend, make sure you come and see me and say hello! I will be working at the Cocoa Vanilla stand and will also be teaching a one hour workshop daily at 11am. (Workshop bookings can be made via the Cocoa Vanilla stand at the expo.)

Here's a sneak peek at the layout I am teaching using the 'Life is Beautiful' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio...


Thanks for stopping by today! Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: