Monday 16 May 2016

Show Us Your Stuff May Challenge!

Hi all!
Just popping in quickly to share my take on the May challenge at Show Us Your Stuff. This month's challenge has been designed by DT member Amanda Hartmann, and looks like this...


And here is what I came up with...

"2 Love"

With a subject like 'Poetry & Hearts' I couldn't go past the opportunity to create a love-filled layout featuring a photo of myself and my partner (from way back in 2005). I used lots of Crate Paper goodies on this one - papers, ephemera, chipboard frame.


I included the poetry by printing a portion of one I liked onto a manila tag, so I could incorporate it into my layers.


As well as patterned papers, you can see that I also included some torn music paper and a lace paper doily from D-lish Scraps. The title was cut with a die using glitter cardstock.


To make sure I had the handmade criteria covered, I included a D-lish Scraps flair (this one was from a Just Add Paper kit) and I also punched some hearts from the same gold glitter cardstock as the title.


I just love using frames and this striped chipboard one from Crate Paper was one of my faves. I topped it with an ombre heart which was from a Crate Paper ephemera pack.
To finish my layout I added some stamping and a few splashes of Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine.

I am really happy with how this one came out, and especially happy that I went back and scrapped this photo that is so special to me. I hope you have this month's Show Us Your Stuff challenge on your list, there is an awesome prize from Charms Creations up for grabs for the lucky winner. Entries close 31st May.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

The Colour Press said...

A very pretty layout Sue. Love the layers you've built around the photograph