Monday 2 May 2016

Scrap the Boys May challenge!

Hi everyone!
Well here we are into May (already?!) which means it's time to share with you again. First up, is my design team layout for this month's Scrap the Boys challenge.
This time it's a sketch challenge that looks like this...


And here is my take on it...


You probably noticed I rotated the sketch onto its side for this layout (but otherwise I did pretty well sticking to it - for a change!) I used one of my favourite EVER collections for this layout - Made of Awesome by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I have to admit, I am a little sad that I am down to the last few shreds of this collection in my stash, it is such a great one for boys! (And more specifically, my boys - who are getting a lot easier to photograph these days.)


Besides the ultra cool papers from this range , I also used some die cut ephemera pieces; vellum stars; one of the resin little stars; and some wood veneer


More wood veneer (although I have to admit that a couple of the pieces are actually from the Hello Lovely collection); and one of the Made of Awesome coordinating flair buttons.


As a final touch for this layout, I added some stamping and some splatters of black mist. (Splatters make everything better don't they? haha)

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you to join in this month's challenge. You have until 31st May to link your entry up via the Scrap the Boys blog to be in the running for prizes from A2Z Scraplets and from the lovely Tarrah McLean!

Make sure you visit the STB reveal post HERE to see what the rest of the team designed this month. You will also find a link to all of our Instagram accounts so you can find us there too.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is so cute, just love those photos.. and fabulous papers and embellies too.

Tracey said...

Love that you turned this! Gorgeous page! The colours are awesome!